Nice to see you, glad you made it! Yes, I did use the 350 grain Laser-Cast bullets, as well as their 405. It was only on plinking, and target shooting, although the bullets were in the gun when i went into bear counrty a few times last year. I was not hunting, so no actual experience.<BR>Now, I did sell my 45-70 last week, and do plan on buying a new stainless one, perhaps a guide gun. Anyway, it came to our attention at Marlin Talk, tha the Laser-Cast bullets have a small meplat, and heavy loads should not be used for fear of magazine detonations, which I believe may happen. I intend to shoot a hard cast bullet with a larger meplat, like a Cast Preformance bullet, if I ever do hunt with a 45-70 in the future. I use the LC 350/405 for lower power plinkingm shooting them about 1800 FPS, with no problems. I would consider lowering the speed to about 1650 maybe, but will have to wait til I get my hands on another 45-70. My deep desire as we speak is to buy a stainless M92 levergun in 45LC. Making arrangements on Mondday, if one is available. My buddy is going to the sourse, at Navy Arms, as the other company we talked to quoted two different prices, which are quite high. ~~~Suluuq