I would be hard put to trade my .222 rem off. It is on its second barrel and extractor, groups finally opened up to about 1". I have lost track of the amount of deer that have been taken with it by my friends family and me. I have lost count of how many times I have reloaded the same brass. My go to loads for every thing are a 50 gr sierra gk and a 52 gr berger hp in front of 22.5 gr of imr 3031 either load will shoot ragged one hole groups with less than a 1/4" point of impact between the differnt bullets. Its mainly used to take doe on managed properties now and each year account for close to 20 doe not to mention varmits and hogs. I even killed a free rangeing Elk with it, was the only gun I had with me at the time. A neck shot at 160yds put it down in its tracks. Hogs at over 200 yards are the only thing that I have ever had run off if they where shot anywhere other than in the head. In fact almost all the deer shot with it this year where head and neck shots , with the exception of one buck that my hunting partners wife shot behind the shoulder it went 30yds and piled up. I can think of no other caliber that I enjoy shooting more, cheap to load for no recoil minimal noise. I would like to think that every one had one in there arsenal. Yes, I agree that shot placement is crucial when using any of the smaller calibers and no I wouldnt take it on a hunt for trophy animals if i had a more suitable choice. But all in all it is one great little caliber.

James

Last edited by Weaveman; 02/12/10.