I don't have SAAMI's maximum pressure for this cartridge. My best GUESS is that it's probably rated at 60,000<BR> lb/sq in. maximum � the pressure maximum of so many modern high-pressure cartridges.<P> I'm extremely leery, at this point, of rechambering any rifle other than a very strong modern bolt-action rifle for<BR> this cartridge, for two reasons:<P> � Enlarging the diameter of the chamber reduces the thickness of the steel around the chamber. The area of the<BR> greatest risk is where the steel is already thinnest � between the chamber and the minor diameter of the barrel<BR> thread (the diameter between the bottom of the thread "V" on one side to the bottom of the "V" directly<BR> opposite). The receiver at this point is an imperfect support for the barrel in terms of its ability to withstand<BR> extremely high pressure without distortion (bulging or bursting).<P> � Increasing the case diameter also increases the FORCE or thrust against the breech at any given peak<BR> pressure. The ratio of increase in force is the ratio of the increase in the net area of the case web (the area of the<BR> case web inside the walls of the case). Pressure is force per square inch. Increase the square-inch figure with the<BR> pressure the same, and simple arithmetic produces that much more force.<P> These are inescapable, irrefutable, real-world facts, not subject to wishful thinking or contrary opinion.<P> For these reasons, I would have no part in rechambering a Winchester Model 88, Browning BLR, Savage Model<BR> 99, or any similar nonbolt-action rifle for such a fat high-pressure cartridge.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.