I did not find a "poll" option on the editor, so please forgive the clumsiness of creating a poll in a thread.

I am interested in the ACTUAL practices of ACTUAL reloaders regarding some elements of reloading. Please only reply if you are a reloader and you ARE using/not using the practices I list below. There's nothing nefarious going on, nor are there any "hidden agendas". I'm not a lawyer and this has nothing to do with "business" of any sort. It's simply a discussion among a few friends regarding what to tell folks considering getting into reloading.

In the context of "full disclosure":

I am not particularly "fond" of those that practice one thing, and tell others to "do" something else. I find this behavior all too common among our nation's lawmakers, as well as among MANY reloaders. They are very quick to tell others how they are supposed to behave, but don't come close to that behavioral standard themselves. In the case of advising those new to reloading, or contemplating starting reloading, I think such "advice" is discouraging and ultimately harmful. (Just as the same behavior is harmful when our legislators practice it.)

So here's the first pair of questions:

I WEAR SAFETY GLASSES EVERYTIME AND ALL THE TIME I AM PERSONALLY RELOADING.

I USE SAFETY GLASSES DURING SOME OPERATIONS OF MY PERSONAL RELOADING.

I NEVER WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN I RELOAD.

Now, I'm NOT suggesting that safety glasses aren't a "good idea' FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO USE THEM. What I am "opposed to" is telling a newby that they "HAVE" to get a pair of safety glasses if they intend to reload, and if they don't, they are being "irresponsible" and they are "hurting all of us in the shooting community". Frankly, the last phrase annoys the hades out of me.

Again, in the context of "full disclosure":
I have been reloading for exactly 45 years, six months and four days, and I have never once worn a pair of safety glasses while reloading. Futhermore, I have used for more than 40 years, that "dangerous device" the automatic primer tube on the RCBS press. I have all my fingers and toes and faculties, and have never been to or needed to go to the emergency room. Neither has there EVER been a need for "safety glasses" at my reloading bench. Also, I about as far from a "vanilla" reloader as you can get, having worked up thousands of loads for wildcats, and duplesx and triplex loads for all sorts cartridges.

So, IF YOU RELOAD, I'm interested in WHAT YOU ACTUALLY DO, not what you THINK every body else should do. IF YOU DON'T RELOAD but you are the OSHA representative for your union shop, please save your opinions for a thread you start.

Thanks for your time and honesty.

Paul