The 270 is a very capable long range cartridge.

It really depends on your bullet choice and what the characteristics are of that bullet are after impact at extended ranges. Based on actual field experience, opinions and debate as to which bullet based on what you wish to do will always vary.

If you are smokin hogs successfully at a hair over 400 yards with the Hornady Interlock as you say, then I see no reason why the same bullet cannot be used at 500 yards or more.

However, IF you are looking for a greater devastating wound channel with more of a DRT affect with less tracking a greater percentage of the time, then you may want to consider using the Berger "HUNTING" VLD in your 270.

I started using the 30 cal VLDs several months ago. I`m fed up with tracking game, especially hogs. So far, 16 hogs and one bull elk with the VLD. All one shot kills with astonishing DRT affects. 3 of the 16 hogs shot with the 168 gr hunting VLD, ran no further than 10 yards after impact. The elk staggered about 2 to 4 yards after impacted with a 190 gr VLD at 328 yards (through the right shoulder bone) and then collapsed.

The "hunting" VLDs are well proven big game DRT performers, even out to extended ranges "WELL" beyond 500 yards on bull elk.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger