Thanks,I've been lurking for awhile. I like working with the X39 cartridge I've been reloading for it for several years with all types of jacketed bullets from 123 gr. up to 187 surplus pulls and just recently started casting my own bullets for several of my rifles and handguns.

I like having the ability to not only make cheap accurate ammo but due to the ever rising cost of commercial bullets and components for plinking and hunting and the uncertainty of there future availability it just makes sense especially when all my lead had been free up to this point. I've been blessed to have some good friends and connections when it comes to finding scrap lead.

I think a lot of people that like to shoot or use there firearms for SD or even put food on the table need to be thinking about these things now,you can't just depend on importers or being able to run down to your local shop or Wally World and grab a box of ammo when you might need it I think the last year and a half has proven that point.

If there is any thing I left out in my post feel free to ask,I try not to leave out any minor details but I'm sure I do from time to time.

A 5 rd. stripper of my x39 cast loads.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by res45; 03/19/10.

Artisan in Lead, bullets and powder