Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by jimmyp
thanks for all the replies. I am going to try a flat match pellet first to see if the results vary. If not then its a 20 or 22 I suspect in my future.

Jimmyp...I'm gonna be dropping the hammer on one of these pretty soon... http://www.pyramydair.com/p/Benjamin-Marauder-air-rifle.shtml read the reviews if you get a chance. They also have a couple of videos worth watching.
While springers are good guns, I'd wager that if you had a good PCP sitting next to it, you'd opt for the PCP every time.

Man what an accurate rifle, a bit big, but I have found that accuracy trumps ugly.

Killed about four big squirrels with my open sighted Diana 34 .177 using the Beeman Silver Sting pointed pellets recently. I can get within 30 feet for most shots, but unless I hit them in the head another one or two shots is needed. The last squirrel was cork screwing up a cedar elm after a good hit, as i was stalking it, sucker plopped dead on my head.

Bought my son the Diana 240 .177 youth gun, around 500 fps, it kills just a bit better than the 34 using Gamo flat match pellets, may be due to the tru-glo sights which are easier to hit with.

That Benjamin is a bit pricey, but as it is getting too scary to use my Sako .22lr Quad out here anymore, that Benjamin looks like a must have tool.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber