My barrel is a 28" Benchmark 3 grove 1:12 barrel, the contour is a copy of the sendero, it has a 2" long muzzle break adding 2", for an overall length of 30". I shoot the Hornady 30 cal 208gr AMAX pushed to 3200 fps using US869. the groups are sub 0.5 moa.
I did go thru my brass and debur the primer flash holes, uniform the primer holes, trim to length, and turn the necks to a uniform thinkness.
I have not found that it is necessary to ream the inside of the necks yet do to brass flow.
My brother has a Rem M700 LSS in 300 RUM, he shoots RL-25 with a Nosler 180gr AB @ 3400 fps into sub 1 moa.
Sometimes with light bullets and low end powder charges, you will get irratic ignition and pressure, this will screw up your groups.
I recommend you switch to +180 gr loads and continue developing your loads.
FWIW, I used Hornady 150gr bullets to fireform my brass and break in my barrel. I did not pay a whole lot of attention to groups sizes with those loads, just the patches coming out the end of the barrel. I think I had 50 rds into a 2" group that day. I used old 4831, and 20 yr old primers, saving the new ones because they were hard to come by this time last year.
Good luck - take your time and make sure all of the screws are tight on your rifle. If you want to sell, my son is looking for one. smile

Last edited by Chopaka81; 04/02/10.

-----

Chopaka
Snohomish Co, WA
NRA Life Member