Well I cain't say I'd be ridin' anywhars after daybreak durin' huntin' season. An fer the recerd, mules is fer packin', hosses git rode. Lemme relate a lil' story 'bout a late season elk hunt 3 years ago. I was done guidin' an' went to a place whar a cow could still be shot up to Dec 5. Parked at a friends ranch an' hiked 'bout 3 miles, then climbed up on a saddle overlookin' 2 drainages, right on the edge of the wilderness. Figured it was a good place to catch a runnin' herd. I was watchin' a bunch of mulies fightin' an screwin' jus afor dawn when the lights from a hunnert ATVs started rollin' up the trail towards me. I sat there an listened to those infernal machines zippin' this way an thet til noon, when I gave up an' headed back down off the saddle. These fellers were huntin' off their vehicles, an' at one point, a string of nine pulled up an asked ifn I had seen any elk. I got more stories but yall git the point. What bothers me mos, is these folks don't see nuthin' wrong with crossin' boundrys an' tearin' up ground. With all the peoples out there usin' an' abusin' once remote areas, I jus cain't help think what will be left of my world in 30 years.

Mule