Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Stock design is huge in handling recoil...

So does shooting form at the bench as well as the mental picture the shooter has about recoil.

Some shooters seem to have preconceived ideas about recoil that hinder their ability to handle it. On two separate occasions I have taken young teens to the range with me that have never fired a CF rifle before and by the end of the trip, these two young men were effectively shooting my 375H&H and getting good groups. Neither of these fellows came from a "shooting" family, so had no mental baggage before the trip. They did great and based on that positive experience would be able to handle pretty much any reasonable rifle after that.

SuperCub,

so true my girlfriend is not from a rifle family shooters. they used to shot handguns. her first rifle was a 300 wea mag and she s really a good shot. you imagine the face of other shooters at the shooting range when she said i dont know what caliber is it and the guys were trying to shoot a 223 and they tried once the 300 wea mag. too much to handle they said .... will try the 375 ruger there too ...