Originally Posted by BANGFLOP
No, 3/4 and 1/4 are correct. Off the bench with the Remington 150 core-lokt I get about .750 most of the time, It will throw a flyer once in a while and throw one out of three and make it a 1.250 group at 100 yards. The 175's, I shot two 3 shot groups that measured .257 and .270. A little over 1/4" but close enough. Why?, what does yours shoot? I can think of at least 7 shooters at my range who shoot 7mm Rem mag with factory ammo and all shoot 1/2" or better at 100 yards. It seems to be normal to me.

I'm not trying to dog you, but an occasional .250" group does not mean that the rifle is a 1/4" rifle. I once owned a ruger 7mm mag that was a legitimate 3" at 100 yds rifle, yet I ran so much ammo through that rifle that it shot several 1/4" groups. Unfortunately the next group with the same ammo would be 3". I've never made the claim that it was a half moa rifle, it wasn't, it was a 3 moa rifle.

I've owned and sold a lot of rifles over the years. I can only think of two factory rifles that were legitimate 1/2" at 100 yd. rifles and one of them is sitting in my gun safe. Both of these rifles are heavy barrel savages and you can only get that performance out of them with handloads. I have a really, really hard time believing that out of 7 guys with factory rifles shooting factory loads all of them will shoot consistent 1/2" groups.