Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
The pack extending away from the frame to hold gear reminds me a lot of how MR does this with their NICE frame/longbow or crewcab except the MRs come in at a little less starting weight (6.5 pounds NICE frame/Longbow) which is 30% lighter than the Ox with its pack. Granted it is also 1100 cu in smaller.

Yes it is very much like the MR in that regards. The MR does have the quick snap buckle at the top of the NICE frame. The BL strap needs threaded through the cinching buckle so it isn't a quick release on the pack. Not a deal breaker...

Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

However I really don't seeing this Ox as being a day hunting type of pack so it would be more fair perhaps to compare it to the NICE 6500s or the Kifaru 8500 monster. Both are built for hauling gear and meat out in the same load. Like I said its an interesting looking pack, but for purely meat hauling I think I'll stick with a Barney's freighter frame, its just not for me, glad you like it though I'm sure it'll serve ya well.

I don't believe Badlands is marketing the Ox as a day pack but to address the external frame without going to a full expedition sized backpack.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos