We had them in the city too, for waste frying oil, meat scraps and dead animals you might not think of.

As a HS freshman I worked at a local veterinarian. We accumulated dog and cat carcasses in a row of chest freezers in a garage attached to the back of the facility. Most of these had been "put to sleep" and the rest had died of illness in our care.

Late one Hot summer day, when I was the only hand working, I was called to the front and told to open the garage door for the rendering truck - I had not experienced this before. I was also told to turn off the ventilating fan - it was a huge fan over the garage door that pushed fresh air throughout our kennels.

That loaded-all-day-in-the-sun rendering truck got backed up to the garage door before I could get back there to turn off the fan. The stench was pumped throughout the whole facility as only a huge powerful fan could have done it!

The office staff and customers vacated the premises pronto! The stench was so putrid, many of the dogs were barfing in their cages!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~