Need some help on bullet choice for a 270 WSM used for Whitetail deer. Shots could range from 30 yds. to 300 yds. Have been using 130 grain Triple Shocks in Federal ammo for 3 years(I don't reload) with good results. My concern is with shots thru the ribs with no apparent expansion. Had 2 such shots this past hunting season. The 1st deer ran about 100 yds. before dying. The good thing was that he ran across an open field so trailing was not a problem. No blood trail & small exit wound. The second deer was crossing a narrow foodplot about 100 yds. from a elevated stand. I hurried the shot & shot placement was behind the shoulders. Same as 1st deer. The difference this time was he entered a strip of 6 year old planted pines. No sign of blood in foodplot or on the many trails in the planted pines. Deer I have shot in the past with Triple shocks have been thru the shoulder & have either dropped at the shot or only taken a few steps before dropping. I know that the 1st suggestion will be to not shoot them thru the ribs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.