I, too, know of, or have seen more than a few people shot and killed with the .25 ACP, including cops. I've also met a few that had the little .25 bullets deflect off of their skulls and one guy that had one deflect off of his jaw during a robbery. BTW, it knocked him down. So it can work.
I look at a good knife as a general purpose tool that can do many jobs. I carry a 3 5/8ths inch folding Benchmade. Under the right conditions and used properly, they can make a very effective weapon.
BTW, I saw more cops accidently shoot themselves with a .25 auto than with anything else. The popular gun was the Beretta pistol with an outside hammer. Strike the the back of the hammer, say while brushing down the uniform pants, and you now have a bullet hole through your boot and your foot. Something to keep in mind.
It, the .25 auto's only attribute is, in the very small Browning auto, very easy to drop in the front pants pocket and not show while so carried. But that's it in my book. All of the small guns, even the .380's and the 2 inch .38/.357's are not worth much if you really need one. Again, just my opinion after seeing more than a few in action. If you need to carry a gun, carry a solid, full sized gun. Make sure it doesn't show and learn how to carry it comfortably enough to live with it. Or leave it home. E