Okay. I have some extra cash and am going to finally purchase a rifle chambered in 45-70. What is the best bang for my buck under a grand. I have some thoughts on manufacturers and models such as the following:<P>Ruger K1-S-BBZ<BR>Marlin 1895G<BR>New England Firearms....<BR>Thompson Center Arm&#8217;s Encore Rifle<BR>Creedmore Rolling Block from Cabelas<BR>1874 Sharps Rifle also from Cabelas<P>This is by no means intended to be an exhaustive list and yes I do seem to be interested in the single shot rifles more than the lever action Marlin Guide gun. I have my own opinion on what I would like to buy but if you were me what would you buy?

It is not critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triump of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.<P>----- Theodore Roosevelt