Ok guys, three years ago I was ELK hunting by the Hoh river close to the olympic national park boundaries, I was down by the river in just a mess of alders and swamp looking for some elk as I had seen several sets of tracks there, It was starting to get a little late and I had got a little confused as to where my actual whereabouts were, As I entered I had crossed one stream and now on my way out I somehow crossed two and was starting to become concerned as the light was failing fast, and I was up to my knees in mud and brush, I found a different stream and decided I would follow it as it would probably lead me to a road, suddenly as I was struggling to advance in this swamp I had a VERY STRANGE feeling that I was not alone, made my hair stand up on the back of my neck, and in front of me, maybe 30-40yds, hard to tell with the light , I saw a very large dusk colored something in this same swamp as Me, I remember stopping, just looking and trying to figure out what IT was, I shouldered my rifle in case it was a BEAR, I had a bear tag, but when I got my scope to my eye, nothing was there, and I couldn't see anything with my naked eye anymore, but whatever it was, was gone, and it was in the direction I was heading, needless to say, I did I quick double time turn around do say do, and backtrailed faster than I knew I could, crossed the two streams, went way the hell the other way and found a different road, when I got back to camp and shared my experiences, the boys all tried to explain it off as moss, or a bear, or shadows, poor lighting etc,,,but I tell ya what, whatever IT was, Scared my but, and you won't find me hunting in alder swamps by myself in the evening anymore,,BEARHUNTER