Kenner,

the 150 FN is also used in the Frequently forgotten 307 Winchester, which has an MV of 2500 to 2600 fps with that bullet..

I loaded up a friends Garand with that bullet as it was the best shooting bullet he tried in that rifle. and he was using it for competition..

we were running it out to 300 meters, and had an MV of 2750 fps or so..

some trees used as a back drop, when I went around the corner and into the woods to chronograph a few rounds...believe me, that bullet is more than fine for lethality...

they open up fine, from slow velocity for the 30/30s to 06 velocity.. and every thing in between..

I suspect they are not more popular for the same reason Round Nose bullets aren't.... don't give enough 'long range' performance.. even tho people are mostly only using them under 150 yds or less...

your combo will actually be a joy to carry, and will not be handicapped at all on anything under 200 yds.. a little change on the zero to 3.5 inches high at 100, you'll be dead on at 200 and 3.5 inches low at about 240 yds..

anything in that bullets way all the way out there, will be toast if put in the right spot..

Seafire Jr's 06 will be upgraded to a 150 grain bullet for this season from a 125 grainer..and at 2400 fps... that will be the bullet we will load, or the 150 ballistic tip..

125 yds is a long shot on where we hunt..right around the corner from the house..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez