jim62, You're absolutely correct. The length of time since the last post on this subject highlights the time taken by Zeiss to repair one of their top-end scopes. They took 11 1/2 weeks to repair my German-made Zeiss scope. I sent it to the US Corporate Hqs near here in Chester, VA. After about 3-4 days they said due to damage to Horizontal/Vertical elevation adjustment mechanisms my scope had to be returned to the World-Wide Repair Facility in Wetzlar, Germany. That Chester office packaged and shipped the scope to Germany. On return, the invoice shows it was "refurbished" from end-to-end, all moving parts disassembled, cleaned, lubed (if needed) and reassembled. The housing for the reticle adjustment hardware was replaced. Parallax re-aligned and the busted part (scale disk?) replaced. Total cost $300. I know that's not what we've come to expect from companies like Leupold but I'll pay it for the Zeiss quality. (I have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8X on my Model 77 and like it.) I had two employees there at Chester come up to me privately and ask to buy the scope. Their comment was, Zeiss doesn't make them like that anymore!

Last edited by Don_Boyd; 06/08/10.

Model 70 Forever