I've had various scopes on 22LR and 22WMR for 40+ yrs. Early on it was almost impossible to find any scope designed specifically for the short range rimfires except for high-dollar target scopes. I read an article I think by Clair Reese or maybe Al Miller that if one took any scope and had the parallax readjusted to rimfire distances you would have created a Rimfire Scope. Over the years I've done just that several times. Initially I had a Leupold 1.5-5 readjusted to 50 yards . Worked super till I got my .375. Sent the Leupy back and got it adjusted back to 100 yards and went to something else for the short range guys. Can't remember what it was.
Some time in the mid 1990's I made my last choice, a Bausch & Lomb (formerly Bushnell's top-end) 2-8X32. Had one for the 22LR done to 50 yards and one for the 22WMR done for 75 yards and never regretted my choice. Only wish I had bought a couple more for light weight centerfires. But of course they're no longer made. Cost for having the parallax readjusted differed by company. Some were free, some were $15 - $20.

Wish you luck.

Don Boyd

Last edited by Don_Boyd; 06/09/10.

Model 70 Forever