Originally Posted by Huntaria_Setters
I'm not worried. I'm fairly sure some of these other posters probably aren't either. I just think this tipping thing gets completely out of hand. If you or Joe want to hand your PH upwards of $100 per day, its no skin off my nose. Glad you are willing and able. I think its too much.

You clearly missed my point. If in your budget you need to allocate tip money for an extra trophy fee, or vice versa, you can't afford the trip. Drop the additional trophy fee (or delay a year, save some more, cut the beer budget for a while, brown bag for lunch...) so you have enough for an approprate tip, whatever you decide that ought to be. But, it will work out better in the long run not to reach. And I would be willing to bet that at the end of your hunt, if it is as successful and as great an experience as it is for most, that you will be re-thinking your tip allocation.

For what its worth, I use $100/day for the PH as a baseline for wilderness dangerous game hunting. I have always departed upward from the baseline becuase I have always felt that the PH did all that was expected and a lot more than was expected. I am unfamiliar with ranch plains game hunting, but I would guess offhand that $100/day was "generous."

JPK