I love the Velocitors. I have my 10/22 sighted in with them and though I plink with various 36 gr JHPs, the majority of my small game hunting is done with the Velocitors. The first time I shot a ground squirrel with one, I thought I had missed. Nope. The squirrel just went down so fast it looked like he was diving down his hole. I found him curled up right where he stood, dead as a door nail with some entrails blown out his back. I was like, "hmm." Shot a couple more of them that afternoon with the same results. One has a hole through its chest I could stick my pinky through and the other was missing most of its head. I don't have any experience with the Stingers, but the Velocitors are about the only .22 LR I have shot that can blow chunks out of critters. I wouldn't call it recoil, but even shooting them, you know the Velocitors have more "thump" than other .22s. Only other ones that came close were some hyper-velocity Agillas my brother and I tried a few years ago. But I don't know if those are even made anymore.

I can pick up Velocitors for about $2.50 a box of 50. Don't know how much they go for where you shop, but you can't go wrong picking up a box or two just to try them.

Live free or die.