Hawk,

I used 70 grns. of re-19 and 180 Nosler Partitions to good effect for several years....then re-17 came out.

The area where I lived also changed to a lead free zone to save the condors...so I switched to 168 grn. Barnes TTSX, and haven't looked back.

The re-19 load gave good accuracy at about 2950 fps...with classic partition performance. Many shots were pass throughs; the slugs I recovered were all just under the hide on the off-side expanded back to the partition, sometimes with a little bit of lead left in front of the partition, sometimes not. Retained weight was just like the commericals, low 60% to low 70% depending on hom much front core was left. An absolutely reliable bullet, the .30 cal. 180 grn. partition.

I am also happy with the 168TTSX load at 3150 fps. This load is 67.5 grns. of re-17 (I previously listed the load at 67 grns. of re-17, my mistake.) It shoots a bit flatter and I have not recovered a slug yet. All wound channels show good expansion and tissue damage. I think the TTSX is a good improvement over previous versions of the X bullet. Accuracy in my two 300 wsm's is better than the partition with re-19.

I start with re-17 in your wsm no matter which slug you end up choosing.

Have fun and good luck,

Manny