Hello
I am a Bit out of my Element here, as I usually only collect S&W Vintage handguns, so I am reaching out to you Husqvarna Experts. I came across a Rather Neat rifle the other day on Gunbroker.com. It is a Husqvarna Manlicher style rifle chambered in 30-06 and has an "E" stamp on the receiver. I have been hunting a while for a S&W Branded "Husky" but have not been able to locate a nice one. I saw a Sporter style S&W Branded "Husky" at a Gun show here three months ago, and it was very nice but in .243 Winchester caliber and I all ready have a rifle in that caliber so Passed on it although the seller was only asking $600.00 for it with a Vintage Redfield wide view 3-9 on it, I felt his price was very fair as the gun still showed new. I found the one shown below on Gunbroker.com in a standard auction while surfing the site.

I contacted the owner of it and asked him some questions about it, and also asked if he would provide me with a phone number, I was inclined to be a serious player on it and he responded with his number, so I gave him a call. He stated it had not been shot much, as the evidence of the bolt face shows, and that it only had some very minor handling marks on it's wood that kept it from being considered still like new. I then asked if he would offer it as a Buy it Now ? He said he would as sales of guns had been soft on guns lately so I was able to land it for $700.00 shipped to my FFL and I felt the price was fair as I have never seen one of these in Manlicher form and branded S&W.

I then surfed the Internet a bit and located a site that showed this model to be a Repeterstudsare Modell 1600H that was Exported to S&W. It has the following features of a Two piece Monte Carlo fullstock in selected walnut. Cheekrest and checkered pistolgrip and forestock, and was available in the following calibers 243 Win / 6,5x55 / 30-06 Spg, and was made from 1958-1967 and according to this guns serial number it was clearly made in the last year of it being 1967.

That was about all I was able to find out about it, and was wondering just How Many of these were Imported to S&W back in the time frame of this gun ? I was also wondering if anyone else here on the forumhas one of these, and what they could tell me about them ? I suspect it will be super accurate like all Husqvarna rifles, but I am willing to bet with it's light weight of 6.5 Pounds being a carbine, and being that it is chambered in 30-06, that it will Kick like a Jersey Mule. Thank's in advance, to anyone that can shed some light on this rifle I am anxious about it's arrival which should be sometime next week. Regards, Thegeneral.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..