Okay, I got a hold of the Components Plant in Arkansas and had a good conversation reference their production of the 416 Magnum brass. The production of the component 416 brass is order driven and the plant needs to reach a threshold in pieces ordered to make it profitable to make a run. Currently the total orders on the brass are too low to start a component run and therefore no production run of 416 Magnum brass is scheduled for the 2010 calendar year. I forgot to ask the total number of pieces needed to meet this threshold, but they did say if enough orders were received that it could be possible for a production run in 2011. Some of their limited supply brass are ordered enough to make runs every year, some are ordered enough to make runs every other year, orders for the 416 Remington on the other hand are very limited and therefore production runs are very limited.

It sounds like Atkinson is correct in his assessment as you can trace this on-again / off-again supply of the Remington 416 Magnum brass going back for many years.

On a good note, my wife seems to think my box of brass was placed in our storage shed. I plan to search the shed today in hopes of finding the box. Ken, if that doesn�t pan out, I�ll give you a shout.

Best:)

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood