I have read a number of threads in this forum from 2007-2008 about Kifaru and TiGoat tipis and small wood stoves. The Four Dog titanium small wood stove was also mentioned.

I am interested in the performance of any and all backpackable small wood stoves in hunter's tipi/tents.

My property is on a ridge next to Glacier National Park. I have experienced -41 F. That was a historic weather record, but it does give an idea how cold it can get around here.

I would like to snowshoe camp. I have a pulk but I would rather backpack. I haven't decided on what tipi/tent or wood stove I will have.

I started a thread at a forum for backpacking stoves: small wood stoves for "hunter's tents" and I have listed all the threads that I read over here.

The use of the titanium foil or the stainless steel foil is more than interesting. These roll-up foil stove pipes have made backpacking a wood stove, for keeping the hunter's tipi/tent warm, a reasonable weight and bulk to carry.

The people who own a tipi/tent or a small wood stove for heat have had more experience and I have more questions than I have seen answered in older posts here in the forum.

I would like to know the temperature difference from outdoor temperature to the temperature inside the tipi or tent for backpacking wood stoves use for heat in a tipi/tent.

I have some concerns about using titanium foil or stainless steel foil for the stove "firebox" body. Has this worked out over the past two or three years?

In particular, did the stoves warp and leak smoke and unburned gasses into the tipi/tent? Did they always leak some smoke and unburned gasses into the tipi/tent? If so, after the draft started well could you close up the tipi/tent?

Last edited by GlacierNationalPark; 06/30/10.