This may be a round-about way of getting to this topic but here it is. I am a military reenactor, I started out in Civil War and have moved on to WWII. I have to say that sleeping on a musty army cot in a tent listening to Glenn Miller and drinking a Coke-a-Cola sure beats sleeping on straw under the stars(down-pour). Also cleaning an M-1 Garand is easier than a Springfield musket(8 rnds vs 1 is alot more fun too).

Anyway, our guys attent a few events every year that have expanded to Boy Scout reenactors, and other civilian impressions. One event is mid October and I think it would be a blast(ha-ha) to put togeather a vintage deer hunting camp. A few guys sitting around in red plaid, knee high LL Bean boots and cooking coffee over an old coleman stove is the basis of what we want to do. Oh yeah and the old plastic licence holders pinned to our backs. Ive also got a stack of old Field and Stream and Outdoor life mags to thumb through as well.

Ill be carrying my dads 1949 dated model 94 Winchester and have an thica 16ga made in 1952 with the old corn cob style fore-end to boot. A friend has an old Remington model 141 but I would like to get a cross section of what were the most popular deer rifles of the era. We go as far as hair styles, canned goods and What Im looking for is some of the little things that really set off the display. What Im looking for are scans of old deer camp pictures C. 1940s-1960's. That we could study to gleen those little cool bits of history that the old timers might see and want to come over and tell thier stories.

thanks in advance.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady