Two years ago I used this bullet and 4831 sc in my Tikka on a cow elk hunt. I was getting just over 2900 fps. I used to use the 150s, both of my Ruger 270s liked them a little better, but the Tikka seemed to prefer the 140s.

Anyway, I was out with a guy I'd just met and we were helping an older guy. HThe older guy shot first at 288 and gut shot a calf. (He was old enough he was shaky and having a hard time.) I shot aand it dropped at the shot.

Then I shot a big cow. She reared straight up and fell on her back.

The other guy I was with shot three times. I saw one of them hit way low and left. He only had the three in his magazine, so I handed him my rifle. One shot and his went straight down.

My elk's bullet was under the skin on the far side. It had broken the near shoulder and was a perfect mushroom. I have it in a box and could go weigh it. I think it was just under 100. The other two bullets went through.

Like all of the interlocks I've shot, I've been impressed with them. That was three cows in less than a minute.

This is not a good hunting story, (I haven't been out with those guys again) but the bullets did well.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221