Guess I'm just one of the fortunate few, have had an MPI on a 7 lb. ish 7mag for 9 years with nary a hiccup! ( hope I ain't jinxing myself) The recoil on the 7 mag seems more comprable to my regular setup .338 so it does cough a bit when you touch it off. But I've always said I'd rather be lucky than good, looks like I got lucky with this one.

Caveat, I don't shoot it all that much, maybe 200 to 400 rounds a year but it has been on many a bumpy plane ride, up and down mountains, cinched down hard on a raft, banged around on a boat more than lot's of folks rifles. But with the other posters stated experiences I would probably think long and hard before purchasing another, I'm big on folks standing behind there products. In fact I've purchased a Mc and a Bansner in the years since. My pard has a Lone Wolf on his lightweight .30-06 but I don't know that he would buy another one even though his still is functioning. 1ak

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say