Well hey! Thanks for the positive feedback all cool

When I got back, I was all wired for a bigger bike, wanting to take the missus somewhere too. Found a Honda 1300 v-twin with bags and windshield for only $5,000, was pumped.

But then, I'm sorta hooked on the simplicity of the KLR, and we used to put in all-day rides two-up on this thing (don't laugh, over much of the world, and back in my youth, the KLR is a big bike..

Here's the bike, one more time....

[Linked Image]

A problem of length, and space.... note how the saddlebags impinge upon the passenger pegs, and how that backpack bungeed on the back (going into it I figured there was a 50/50 chance I'd be walking home) extends over the end of the seat.

Fear not! Being as the KLR has been around forever... There are aftermarket solutions...

Rear set side racks....

[Linked Image]

...and an expanded, rearset luggage rack, that matches a hard luggage case if ya want (be nice to have a component that locks)....

[Linked Image]

Plus, to make use of all that wasted space up front.... a KLR-specific tank bag, front panniers, and in-front-of-the-windshield tool kit.... cool

[Linked Image]

Turns out you can make a KLR into a regular Gold Wing... grin Here's the highway pegs....

[Linked Image]

Hmmm... 2,000 miles to Chiapas, another 600 miles to Costa Rica through Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua... hmmm....

We're a long way from going at this point, but the thought has crossed our minds...

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744