Valad,
I have not used my Uplander at Sporting Clays on a regular basis. However, having owned many pump shotguns, including two M870's, so many Model 12's its hard to remember them all, an Ithaca M37, a Mossberg 535, a Smith & Wesson 1000P, several I have forgotten, etc., I will tell you that I think the Browning BPS is as tough as any pump made today or yesterday. My 12 gauge BPS has nearly 100 rounds of various Hevi-Shot and 2 oz. copper plated lead turkey loads fired through chokes as tight as .655"; the loads rattle the fillings in my teeth, but the BPS soldiers on. There are good reasons to pick another shotgun (style, handling, preference, features, etc.) but to say the BPS doesn't hold up is sheer imagination or pure BS. I bought my first one when they came out in the late 1970's and came back to them several years ago. I have two nice 16 gauge Model 12 Winchester's and in my opinion the BPS is the closest thing on the market today to the old Model 12.
Odessa

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge