The Husqvarna 8000/9000 action is the smoothest standard production action that I've ever found. The downside being that it was only made in a long action style and only with alloy bottom metal. I have 2 custom rifles build on these actions, a 256 Newton that was a 243 and a 338-06 that was a 30-06. At 1 time, I wanted to be able to hunt with just S&W branded products, so I bought the S&W handguns, rifles, and shotguns that I thought that I would need to accomplish that goal. Once I had them assembled, I shot them for awhile, got bored, and moved on to other things, but most of the firearms are still with me.

I have several mannlicher stocked Huskys and S&Ws with the HVA action and think that it is a good 1, but picking a CF action over a PF action has never been an important criteria in my decision process. Heck, the action that I have the most of, Savage 99s, are the actions that I shoot very infrequently, with Remington and Winchester CF and Marlin, Ruger, and Savage RF being the most frequently shot.

Jeff