Originally Posted by Bob33
Brilliant. Thank you. I trust that Kimber's rifle making capabilities exceed their website design.

I can indeed now see the difference in weight.

So the real question is this: out of 100 Kimber 8400s (Montanas or Classics) in 270 WSM produced and sold, what percent of them will shoot well out of the box? Naturally everyone makes a lemon now and then, and naturally lots of variables go into real world accuracy. By "shoot well" I mean a rifle that can consistently put three shots in 1 MOA with some form of factory ammunition, assuming the shooter introduces no error.

Is there any other rifle in this category that has a better reputation for out of box accuracy?

I don't want to buy a gun and then return it to the factory a month later to make it shoot well.

To be honest, the sako a7 or tikka t3 will likely out shoot most the rifles mentioned(via average posts here at the fire).

A friend of mine shoots 140 accubonds(i believe) under three qarters of an inch quite often. Regardless of the bullet, that's decent and he is no seasoned shooter. Thats out of a t3 stainless.

I happen to like the a7, just as well.

I think any rifles mentioned will be perfect!