The Marlin, no doubt is an excellent rifle. Downside is they are pretty hefty to carry, and not cheap, at least in Canada. If the Ruger 9622 shoots anything like its semi-auto brother, that may be a good one, but I don't see many for sale. I have never shot a Henry, and although they are a lot lighter than the Marlin, I did not see the quality in the rifle, and the interior parts lack the finesse I see in others. Ihave never even handled a Winchester 9422, but am willing to bet they are a serviceable rifle, and good quality. I have owned a BL-22, and bought one for my daughter. Both samples were very accurate, durable and functional. If they have a negative it is the shiny lacquer hi-gloss stock. No liking that, but the rest of the package is good -- love the short throw lever, and the good trigger. You can get them used even in Canada in very good condition for about $350-400.

To each his own. Marlin 39A is nice, and from all reports, accurate, just heavier than I like in a rimfire rifle.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith