I started to smell [bleep] so I skipped a whole lot of posts here... (ROST495 has good insight and I trust him though as I think he may have shot with me @ Quantico and CP)I have a CMMG lower and a DPMS kit to complete the package and you will not go wrong if you are shooting matches or whatever. I have been to one of the best gunsmithing schools in America- the PWS/WTBN shop @ Quantico, Va, so I'm not bullshitting you, I know many of the best shooters nationally, have several shooters who won championships under my guns on the USMC teams..... and I'm telling you that standard CMMG parts are ok. Some folks get caught up in a brand stamp and more than often it really doesn't mean a [bleep] in quality for aluminum guns. You can get a forged receiver if it makes you happy or if you are looking to break bench-rest records. IMO the 5.56/223 doesn't need a forged receiver to make a .22 hit a tick in the ass if you can hit yours with both hands. But for a run of the mill ar15, you are fine with CMMG, Colt, Larue, or whatever the hell name brand or cool looking gayrod logo anyone puts on their receiver. This is what you asked for, this is the answer you get. After you twist some wrenches and spin some bbls on the lathe and hand cut AR15 and M-14 bbl feed ramps to work under national and international competition, you will have similar opinions and you will start to slap the [bleep] out of people who read too many damned shooting magazines and extend their superior receiver wisdom to new tyros like yourself.
Best regards, keep your stones wet, your files carded and never lend a tool you like to anyone in the gunsmithing industry.
Mike C/2112 SGT/USMC

Last edited by runninmike; 08/17/10. Reason: WASN'T FINISHED