I had a lukewarm response to this stuff when I received it.<P>First off, I found it quite expensive. After I read the ad copy, however, where it claimed to be "silent as fleece" I decided to fork out the bucks for the best<P>Well, it wasn't silent as fleece, for one thing. It was quiet, but there was definitely a rustle to the fabric, especially when you scratched it with a fingernail. There is no doubt that branches would make noise against this stuff, unlike fleece.<P>Also, I found the parka to be a bit heavy for something you're supposed to pack with you whenever you venture far from the trail. If you added the pants to the parka, the weight and bulk was nothing to sneeze at.<P>Also, like many Gore-Tex-lined fabrics, the outer shell of this garment will wet out in the rain, as I proved by saturating a small section of the one I returned. Once that happens, breathability is negated, Gore-Tex means zilcho, weight goes up tremendously, and if it gets below freezing overnight, you have a nice piece of popsicle the next morning. I much prefer garments that don't wet out!<P>In the end, I found MT-050 to be good rainwear that did not nearly live up to the billing and was extremely overpriced to boot.<P>Instead I bought Helly Hansen stuff, used to be Peter Storm, which is not as fancy-schmanzy as the Cabela's but is a much better value. I heard great things about Helly Hansen Omni-Tech from some guys who hunt Alaska regularly, and I'd have to say it was very good stuff, holding up well in a Colorado rain/snowstorm last rifle season, and being ready to go the next day.<P>But I'll leave that for another review.<P>The MT-050: It's not close to being so much better than what's already out there to be worth that kind of money. Almost $400 for a rainsuit? It better be great. MT-050 isn't even close.<P>Rick<p>[This message has been edited by RickBin (edited September 23, 2000).]

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine