Originally Posted by POC
My wife, ever the alarmist, is getting nervous about this. I told her we wil just have to suck it up and make due, living off the land. We have plent to do it.
She has a medical condition and requires pretty specialized medicine available from only a couple of pharmaceutical companies in the country, and oxygen at times. And her condition will only get worse, never better.
Anyway, I think if SHTF here, we're going to be SOL as far as her meds go anyways. With the new insurance changes coming....who knows what these meds will start costing us. Currently it is $150/mo. for her one special med, after insurance, before insurance it's $6,000/mo. There is no way we could swing that.
So back to my original question, where would be a friendly country to flee to? My wife has distant relatives in Italy....
Thanks,
POC

How would you get on the european medical system? You have to be a citizen of the european union to get the free medical, look into what it takes to make this happen before you move to Italy. Honestly if it comes to this, if it gets this bad, it won't matter where you are anyway.