Funny that you should say that Brent. My father and I, while stacking, spent a lot of time saying "that'll be my stock there". And then when we put down the next slab "no, that one is going be my stock, right there". It's a lot easier to picture them when you have an idea of scale, as you say.

I may be able to post some photo's with some kind of reference, such as a stock template from cardboard. But we don't plan to dismantle the stacks for a few months yet - until we get closer to FSP and re-sticker the stacks more thoroughly. The sticker spacing is very generous at the moment.

Art - noting your earlier post in this thread the feather faces were in fact sealed at the time of stacking. Admittedly, I put on a lighter coat than I was using on the slab ends, but I hope it will be sufficient. Obviously the photos were taken before this was applied.

I'm glad you approve of the wood, I think we got quite lucky with what turned out to be in the tree. The blister figure you mention, could you elaborate on that a little? I don't think it's a term I've heard before.

Paul