Just FYI.... and I hesitate to say this, as it's not a knock on the 8-mag but might seem like it..... well, anyway, it's said that the 8-mag will break 3000 fps easily with 200's. Fair 'nuff.

The .325 WSM will easily break 2900 fps with 200's, and at least in my two featherweights (Kimber and BLR) recoil is not bad at all.

So... if 8-mag recoil is as stout as everyone says, that makes the .325 look pretty good at only 100 fps behind but (apparantly) much less recoil.

Again, just FYI. Not peeing on anyone's rifle here. The 8-mag seems like it'd be fun to try, and based on how well my "lite" version has done on say elk .... man.... it's gotta be quite effective, to say the least!

As another aside, the 175-gn Sierra PH is a nifty practice bullet. Cheap, very accurate and easy to load in both my .325's, and a decent BC. In fact I've cooked up a load at ~3000 fps that matches the trajectory of my hunting load (200-gn NAB at 2900 fps) that I can use it out to 600 yds with the same come-ups on the turret.

Just some 8mm babbling. We 8mm lovers are few and far between.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!