Originally Posted by GaryVA
Sako should have placed you in contact with an authorized repair facility. You would need to make the decision to send the rifle to that facility to determine if it is a warranty repair or not. If it is not a warranty repair, they should have requested your authorization to make any repairs if needed. If it was out of warranty and you gave authority for repairs, you'd be billed.

If you felt it should have been a repair under warranty, at that point you could have become a squeaky wheel to both the repair facility and to Sako. Not sure what you would have needed to prove it was a warranty repair, but by authorizing a non-warranty repair, you may have placed yourself at a disadvantage.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for Sako, I'm just trying to get the full picture so that the best advice can come forward to salvage the situation.

please explain how I would have authorized any out of warranty repairs? I expressly would not allow that. I would send it down the road or rebarrel it before I paid for any mods that may or may not work.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.