Just got 400 more crimps in from SNL

I don't use swivels... we rarely hunt in water more than 3 feet deep anyway. And often less than that.

I run both mushroom weights... usually for the coast and higher wind situations, and short strap weights punched in the center of the weight....for more or less tighter water.. I take a 8 oz strap, cut it in half and punch through the center. The mushrooms are 8 oz.

I usually have enough line that with the deke on the floor the loop is at shoulder level max. So I'm actually probably cutting 6 foot pieces but I have a bunch cut I could go measure.

The only issues I've had are if you use light water keels they'll flip over in wind.... thats not the rigs fault... I simply need to pop rivet about 2 oz of lead in each water keel to help...

I do run the loops just like in the article.

If you need more info shout... I have aversions to paying folks for set up kits when all it takes is a cutter and crimper and diy...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....