I bought one in similiar condition about 4 years back for $1,350 with a $200 Leupold on it and readily admit it was a steal. The stock was near mint and in order to keep it that way I ordered a McMillan and had it bedded into the McMillan. Now I can hunt with it and at the same time preserve that beautiful piece of wood. It won't see many hunting trips but it will not just sit in the safe and be ignored. They are unbelievable rifles. I actually have 2, one 7 mag the other the 300 wby. Both shoot factory ammo under 1/2" and I suspect a good shot could get pretty close to one hole groups out of them.

Plus using the McMillan will definitely keep that stock from cracking! Only regret is I didn't order a McMillan with Edge technology but that's the way it goes.

The asking prices are up there but the true selling prices aren't. It's just a matter of what the market will bear. Last few years the ones that brought big money are few and far between. Same goes for a lot of other things in a down economy...