In my honest opinion, I wouldn't use or buy a 7MM08
The neighbor had one and it did not impress me to the point of where I would have ran right out and bought one and he sold it two years after he got it and now misses the gun he sold when he won the 7MM08.

If a person was going to buy a rifle to hunt Elk, they should buy a 30-06 because you will not notice any difference between the two when you cycle the round in the chamber and all it takes is one shot to kill a animal - so a quick 2nd shot wouldn't be enough of a reason to want to use a short case over using a long case.

The Elk that 4100 FPS has in that picture is very impressive.
Way to go and keep up the good work.

For those that cares the 308 Winchester is a poor performer with anything other then the 150 GR bullet. Trying to shoot even a 180 GR bullet with a .308 would be like trying to haul a cord of wood with a CJ 5 Jeep. If you want a pick up truck to haul stuff you buy a full size pick up truck and haul your load all in one load.

The 30-06 is good even with a 180 gr bullet and is marginal at best with a 220 gr bullet. When you consider that a .300 Winchester Magnum has almost twice as much performance with the same bullet - it is clear that the .300 Winchester Magnum would probably be the right choice if I was me and not you.