BossLady,

I have shot quite a bit of game with 250 9.3 AccuBonds, started between 2600-2650, at ranges out to 300 yards. It always expands, and so far has always penetrated very deeply, even on rear-angling shots on game weighing 500+ pounds. Put a finisher into a big-bodied South African kudu at less than 100 yards, breaking the rear leg, and the bullet exited the opposite ribs. A friend shot a big Colorado 6-point elk with a similar shot at about 100 yards (1st and only shot) and the bulet ended up in the opposite shoulder.

In fact, the only 250 AB I have recovered was from a 7-1/2 foot grizzly. The bullet went in behind the right shoulder at 50-60 yards as the bear angled away and was found halfway up the neck under the hide on the far side, retaining 81% of its weight.

As far as X-Bullets, I have used both the "pre-TSX" and TSX 250-grain, and they have done a good job but don't seem to kill quite as quickly as the AccuBond. Haven't recovered one, but also haven't shot any game over around 400 pounds with them. For game over 1000 pounds they would no doubt be great.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck