"Rangers" were marketed by Sears before they extended the "J.C. Higgins" trade name (name of their chief bean counter) to include firearms post-WWII. They can be Stevens', Marlins, Crescents, Hi Standards, etc.

But I would bet that yours is a Stevens Model 1915, or 5100. The way to find out would be to either copy the markings VERY accurately and ask what model it is on the Savage Collectors forum here, or ask on www.doublegunshop.com/BBS. Bettter yet, post good pix of the action and the markings on the bottoms of the barrels with the forend removed ("barrel flats") and the top of the reciever where it mates with the barrels ("water table").

Replacement Stevens stocks (should I be right.....) are available from several sources. Boyd's is one.

Good luck; I love it when an old gun "rises from the dead"!

If this IS a Stevens in sound mechanical condition, it should shoot modern ammo (probably not steel). BTW, "low brass" is no longer any guarantee of low pressure; ESPECIALLY "promotional" (cheap) shells. All common ammo must be high enough pressure to operate those doggone jammamatics, so it is all pretty hot. But you can find lower pressure shells; you just have to look for them (and pay more).