Out of the mouths of babes�..

Due to some rather unfortunate circumstances I took what I would learn over the coarse of the weekend will become a step-nephew of mine to a family reunion/camping trip.

This kid is 8 years old and had never seen me in his life. After a brief introduction his mom and my brother had to take off to deal with another sibling who had been in a car wreck on the diagonal corner of the state. We went to this campout with a huge number of unknowns to him and he hit the ground running and never missed a beat.

Our weekend started with him walking up to me while offering his hand and stating,
�Hello Joe, it is good to finally meet the legend.�
I have no clue where this came from and just kind of blew it off as a spirited kid having some fun with a fat old guy, little knowing that this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Some more of the priceless gems out of this walking prodigy�s mouth:

1.) While strolling across the campground carrying a piece of chicken he was accosted by a typical group of blue haired, cheek pinching �old aunt� types. When asked what he had in hand he simply replied �Wing.�
When asked if it was good his straight-forward reply was �Hooter�s makes better.�

2.) Looking across the campground he looked up at me and asked � Do I really have to be related to all of these people?�
That was the first of many clues given that there are
wedding bells in the future for my younger brother.
And that this young guy and I have a lot of common
viewpoints.

3.) I�ll copy this post to my brother �K� via e-mail so he�ll
enjoy this one:
Young S. looked me in the eye and asked, �If you are
really older than �K� why is he twice your size?�
A bit of an exaggeration, me being 6�1� and 220, �K� being
probably 6�5� and a few more (tens) of pounds larger.

4.) Young �S� kept razzing my recently turned 40 y/o niece
about being 43. I made some meaningless complimentary
comment about her age and she turned to young �S.� and said
something to the effect of �See, that's how a gentleman
discusses a womans age.�
Once again young �S.� never missed a beat by stating,
�Yeah, but he�s a pro and had lots of practice, I�m just
getting started at this.�

5.) Young �S.� asked me where my wife was at. I casually
stated something like, �well, she�s not here.�
Young �S.� took that in and then stated, �Well if you�re
looking for another one I�d start at Hooter�s. They got some
great ones there. Then, if you don�t find what you want
there then you ought to check at the pool, there are some
nice ones there, too. But if that didn�t work, I�d head to
the beach, that is where the really great ones hang out!�

First off, just what attribute(s) of a woman do you think this kid is referring to when giving advice on where the �great� ones �hang out� at?
And what about this intimate knowledge of Hooter�s? I know my younger brother and the last place he is taking an 8 year-old, especially an obviously advanced one, is to Hooter�s.

I awoke in a dark tent to the sounds of two women cackling like hen�s in a tent some 20 or 30 yards away. To my horror, I realized that these cackles were coming from my niece and sister. Then I remembered that I�d been warned that young �S.� wakes every morning at 4:30 and I also remembered that he had crashed in their tent.
I have no clue what he was saying to these women but the cackling went on for hours.

I know my sides hurt this AM. What a kid.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.