I prefer the older model 21s like lovemy99's 16 with the "arrow panels" on the reciever, and double triggers. And that gun looks like somebody actually thought it was for HUNTING! I like that, too. Super find!

BTW, I was just reading James Wilson's Winchester book and saw that he calls the Model 24 an "economy version of the 21."

I LIKE the Model 24, especially the 16. BUT it really has NOTHING to do with the 21 except also being a double shotgun made by Winchester.

The 24's reciever and other parts were made with automotive manufacturing technology that Winchester bought and adapted to gunmaking. The Model 37 "Steelbilt" single shot was made with the same machinery and you can see the resemblance if you put the two models side-by-side.

This myth of a relationship between the 21 and the 24 has been an excuse to jack up the price of the 24 in the past. Unless a 24 is in PERFECT condition, it is merely a useful hunting gun, not a collector's item IMO. But it is a better gun than some SxS snobs would have you believe--reliable and well balanced, if a little heavy for guage. Barrels and chokes are as good as any Winchester made, except for custom jobs. Yeah, it's ugly, especially when you put it next to a 21. (So don't!).