Several Gunwriters have been ahead of their time but Ken seems to have been at the leading edge of many ideas. Ken stumped for more power in the lever-action rifles with several wildcats. Ken has a knack for reviving a good idea, the .35 Maine Guide typifies this thinking.
Through my childhood Ken was stumping for the �Super .32� for handguns or his 6.5mm wildcat (263 Express) for bolt guns. Ken just seemed to be there first with a wide range of ideas.
When I began to understand about cartridges, bullets and reloading, my father would sit with me on the floor with part of his cartridge collection spread out in front of us and a copy of Shooting Times or the Gun Digest open to an article. I held the cartridge in my hand while we discussed Ken�s latest Pet Loads article or his review of new cartridges.
The Early Shooting Times was a good magazine with Waters, Nonte, Ackerman and Burnside on the staff.

The 7-30 has found a home in West Texas, there are quite a few rifles and handguns in use. The 7-30 seems to be just right for our light frame deer, hogs and called varmints.

Slim