Originally Posted by PaPa260
Well, I finally got my hands on some Speer 260 gr. JHP's. I loaded them on top of 21.6 gr. of H110, ignited by CCI 350's in Winchester brass. I shot them over a chronograph and they were running 1510 fps out of the 24" barrel. The load was producing
2 1/2" groups at 100 yards off a solid bench with a front rest and a rear bag. I was seeing no pressure signs at all. I believe it would shoot tighter with a scope but I am going to use the open sights. Seems like 45 caliber bullets are hard to find around here locally. I appreciate all the help!

Good Hunting

Are the cases blackened on the outside after shooting these loads. If so that is an indication of not enough pressure. I load 26gr of H110 with a 250gr XTP bullet and it shoots great in my ruger 45 and in my H&R BC Carbine. It is also .7gr less than max. H110/296 works better at at least 95% load density but still has 25% less pressure than 44 mag loads. Actually 25gr is plenty.
Another load i am going to try is 25-26gr of RL-7 with the 250gr bullet. These produce great velocity with less recoil. Another good powder to use is Lil Gun.
I am getting over 1800fps in my BCC carbine and close to 1400fps in the Ruger.

PaPa260