Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
My Low Wall is in 45 Colt. Not 44 magnum, but close. I really like mine. But to say that one rifle is more accurate than another is a difficult thing to do. Personally I much prefer the Low Wall. And I find it to be a better made quality piece, but that is just an opinion. Mine shoots very well out to 250 yards. That is as far as I have shot the rifle. I cast a 255 grain bullet and I can hit 8" cement blocks off of shooting sticks at 250 yards. So you determine whether you believe that is accurate or not??

If you do pass on the 44 magnum then please make us aware of the rifle, and the price. I would be very interested in it for a good price. You can never have too many 1885's.

The only real problem with the Low Wall is the crescent butt pad. It takes time to accustom yourself to them. The first thing I did was contact LeverGun Leather and had him make a custom butt pad that hold five rounds, the pad really helps. The recoil can be sharp with that light rifle and the point of the bottom of the crescent. Tom.

[Linked Image]

Got any pictures of that butt pad you mentioned?
I HATE crescent butt plates!!

Go to the LeverGuns Leather web site. He has pictures of dozens of them there. That is where I got mine. And he did what he said he was going to do, when he said he was going to do it, and for how much he originally said the price would be. Not sure what else you could ask for?? Tom.

West By God Virginia